Our experienced staff is able to deliver competent, real time instruction across the curriculum in order to facilitate student success and learning.
Qualifications: Bachelor of Arts, History, California State University Fullerton; Single Subject Teaching Credential, Social Science/Multi-Subject Teaching Credential, Chapman University; Single Subject Supplemental Authorization - Foundation of Mathematics
- Owner/Director, Academy Learning Center (2001 - Present)
- Lab Classroom Teacher/Trainer, AVIDA Inc. (2014 -Present)
- Research Associate, Department of Pediatric Medicine, UCI (1996 - 2013)
- Owner/Director, One-on-One Tutoring (1998 - Present)
- Teacher, Spurgeon Intermediate, Santa Ana Unified School District (1997 - 1999)
- Teacher, UCI Child Development Center Day School (1999-2000)
- Home-Hospital Teacher, Capistrano Valley Unified School District (2001-2008)
- U.S. Army - B Company, 2nd Ranger Battalion.- Fort Lewis, WA (1985 - 1988)
- ROTC Summer Camp Training Cadre (1986, 1987)
My journey as an educator has taken me from instructing ROTC cadets at Fort Lewis, Washington, to conducting educational research at UC Irvine and running a successful academic tutoring business. Regardless of the environment, content area knowledge combined with effective structure and discipline are the hallmarks of good teaching. At the Academy Learning Center we have created such an environment in order to promote and support student success and learning. Our experienced staff and proven methods have been fine tuned to the needs of independent study students. I'm looking forward to another great school year!